This tutorial explains how to reinstall Windows within Windows.
Note: Reinstalling Windows will erase all data on your computer’s hard drive. It is important to back up all important data before proceeding.
- Click on the Windows Start menu and select Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Click on Recovery in the left pane
- Under Reset this PC, click on Get started
- Select either Keep my files or Remove everything depending on whether you want to keep your personal files or erase everything
- If you selected Remove everything, you will be given the option to Clean the drive fully or Just remove my files (Select the option that best suits your needs)
- Click on Reset and then Next
- Follow the prompts to begin the Windows reinstallation process (This may take several minutes to complete)
- Once the reinstallation is complete, your computer will restart
- Follow the prompts to set up Windows, such as creating a user account and selecting your preferences
That’s it! You have successfully reinstalled Windows within Windows.